Organise your own event for the Mater Foundation
There are so many different ways that you can raise money. Please see some event suggestions below.
If you need any advice please contact us, we will be happy to help. Email us here or call 01-8303482.
We can provide you with Posters, T-shirts, Sponsorship cards, Collection buckets, Information leaflets, Authorisation letter, Sample sponsorship request letter or Photograph consent forms.
- Coffee Morning
- Cake Sale
- Jumble sale
- Organise a walk/run/cycle/row/swim
- Dress up/down day
- Wear orange day – to represent the Mater Foundation
- Host a Barbeque/ a dinner party
- Give up your favourite food for a day or week
- Sell a service – maybe a carwash or tidy people’s gardens
- Hold a quiz night
- Take part in a challenge – click here for a list of challenges
For a comprehensive A-Z list of event ideas click here
Planning an event
- Planning is key. Try set a fundraising target & look at costs involved. Approach local business and contacts for sponsorship & rally friends and family to help.
- Choose your venue. Advertise your event using posters and flyers for your local shops or pubs and maybe even try to get some local press on board!
- Check with your local Garda station to see if you need a permit. You need a letter of authorisation to fundraise on our behalf which we can send to you at your request. We can also send official Mater Foundation Sponsorship cards which are sequentially numbered.
- Online fundraising tools can be of huge help. If you need any assistance with forums such as mycharity.ie or Justgiving please call us on 01-8303482.
After your Event
There are a number of ways to return funds to us:
- Call into our office and take part in a cheque presentation
- Send in a cheque/draft or Postal order made payable to ‘Mater Foundation’ to The Mater Foundation, 53-54 Eccles Street, Dublin 7
- Online here
- Through your MyCharity.ie or Justgiving.com page
- Pay directly in to our bank account and let us know by phone, email or post that you have made the lodgement:
Bank of Ireland
Sort Code: 90-05-19
Account No: 72571750
IBNA: IE24 BOFI 9005 1972 5717 50
We can send you a certificate to acknowledge your efforts which you can display after your event.